Office upgraded to a new, better version with the release of Office 365 which is, without doubt, the best Office suite that has been released so far. Currently priced at $100 for a year’s subscription, this newer, streamlined and, certainly, better equipped version raises a big question. Is it worth spending money over???
Various packages have been designed according to individual needs as Office 365 was initially intended to support business plans. These packages include: Office 365 Small Business, Office 365 Small Business Premium, Office 365 Midsize Business, Office 365 Home Premium, Office 365 Personal, Office 365 Student and Office 365 Professional Plus. They can be chosen for yearly and monthly subscriptions.
- The suite includes all the necessary applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Access, and Publisher.
- With a single subscription, up to 5 devices can be loaded with licensed Windows 365. This includes PCs, Windows 8 tablets and Mac devices. This is the best thing that you can run your new Office anywhere from any device.
- Additional remarkable features include 20 GB of SkyDrive online storage space and 60 free minutes per month for international calling via Skype.
- Office 365 gives full online and offline support for all Google Docs, eliminating the need for an active internet connection.
- Additional features for Word and Excel have been introduced.
- For business owners, Office 365 is heaven sent for it gives them access to their information everywhere. They can access it on their PCs, tablets and even the android smart phones.
- Online conferencing is also supported.
- The major drawback that came to light was that this version of Office is compatible only with Windows 7 or Windows 8. You might have to re-boot your computer with newer Windows if you are using Windows XP or Windows Vista. But because windows officially have stop supporting these old versions. So it is better to switch to the latest technology.
- Browser requirements are also specific. It can be installed and run only with the latest browsers like Internet Explorer 9 or later, Mozilla Firefox 12 or later, Apple Safari 5 or later, or Google Chrome 18 or later.
- With the packages, your choices become limited. The personal and student packages are not licensed for commercial use so in case you are a small business owner, you are stuck with the option of buying the respective program and not the simpler version and it might cost you more than you would like to pay.
- Over a long term, it can prove to be pretty costly.
To conclude, the entire suite of apps is certainly a good investment with the new features and updated applications.
Here is good news for you if you are going to buy this software. Now we can help you in saving some money on your purchase. Check out the Office 365 coupon codes here